Home

Ecotec reliability

Super Angebote für Tech Eco hier im Preisvergleich. Vergleiche Preise für Tech Eco und finde den besten Preis The engine offers a respectable 164-182 horsepower given its small NA design. It's also an efficient engine that offers good fuel economy. However, no engine is perfect and there aren't any exceptions here. In this article, we discuss a few common problems with the GM 2.4 Ecotec engines as well as overall reliability It makes respectable power for its size with 230-275 horsepower and 260-295 lb-ft of torque. The GM/Chevy 2.0T Ecotec also delivers solid fuel efficiency. However, no engine is perfect and there aren't any exceptions here. In this article, we discuss a few 2.0 Ecotec LTG engine problems as well as overall reliability

Chevy EcoTec3 6.2L Reliability On a scale of 1 to 5, I'm going to put the 6.2L reliability at a 3. Lifter failure is extremely prevalent on these vehicles, despite engine age, and the transmission issues have also proven to be extremely common as well I'm reading mixed reviews on reliability of GM's 1.4L turbo 4. Reliability is more important to me than fuel economy or performance. Heck, I'd drive a turtle slow Ford 200 CID engine for it's reliability and ease of maintenance even thou I'd have turtle acceleration and less fuel economy. But what about GM's 1.8L Ecotec engine A friend of mine has the 1.4t sonic in 2014 flavor. His is pretty modded and runs 14 flat in the 1/4. He runs Pennzoil platinum 5w30 and it seems to be fine. No excessive consumption to report. He did have the water pump replaced under warranty but otherwise, even cranked way up, it's been reliable for him. D L8B EcoTec 5.3L. The L8B engine variation was a semi-hybrid engine variation that featured a lithium ion battery pack for fuel efficiency. It was only used from 2016-2018 in select Silverado's and Sierra's. We post engine problems guides, reliability guides, performance upgrades, lift kits, suspension, you name it

The Chevy 5.3 L V8 engine, also known as the Vortec 5.3 or the EcoTec3 is generally looked at as a reliable and trustworthy engine. The Vortec 5300 is a small block V8 that was produced in 1999 for the first time Reliability. ECOTEC products are designed and manufactured for use in the toughest outdoor environments. Customer-focused. ECOTEC has a professional team of technical experts available to assist a variety of customer needs. We are problem solvers. Our main priority is to provide customers with the best solution possible and we can tailor all. Currently in our fleet we have 210 trucks meeting that criteria. 95% of them are double cab Chevrolet Silverado 4x4's with the remaining 5% being GMC Sierra's of various configurations. The bulk are in the 2014-2016 model years with the average mileage for these trucks being 182,000km (about 113,000 miles)

I consider the Ecotec's as one of GM's best engines. '06 Malibu with the 2.2 Traded in with 110K HARD miles. Countless hours idling with the a/c on at the school drop off/pick up in the south Texas heat. '08 Malibu with the 2.4 Currently with 41K miles. '09 Cobalt with the 2.2 Currently with 90K miles The Ecotec engine typically has problems with its timing chain, which frequently slips and wears down after long periods of use. The tensor in the engine also suffers from damage sometimes, and the cylinders may not fire as they are supposed to, resulting in decreased engine efficiency 5. Chevy 2.2-liter Ecotec. Don't worry folks, the new 2.2-liter Ecotec is perfectly fine, it's the pre-2006 generation that you have to watch out for. The four-cylinder engine was infamous for refusing to provide power or reliability, instead insisting on things like fresh head gaskets and timing chain components

I own a 2012 Equinox with the 2.4L Ecotec engine that I like a lot. I have 41,000 miles on the vehicle (low mileage; 6150 miles per year). It doesn't use oil or make bad noises 2,165 Posts. #5 · Feb 8, 2015. We don't see many problems with any GM engine here, except for the leaking intake manifold gaskets on the V6 in the 99-03 Malibus. Some early 2.2 ecotec engines [2003 and earlier] had weak timing chains and there is an upgraded chain tensioner and oiler for your engine. Like any machine, you have to take care of it The ignition system of the 2.2L Ecotec engine is not ordinary. It has a high-performance ignition module that is mounted directly on the cylinder head cover. There are two separate ignition coils located directly above the platinum spark plugs. This setup eliminated spark plug wires which resulted in increased operating reliability The GM Ecotec engine, also known by its codename L850, is a family of all-aluminium inline-four engines, displacing between 1.4 and 2.5 litres.While these engines were based on the GM Family II engine, the architecture was substantially re-engineered for the new Ecotec application produced since 2000.This engine family replaced the GM Family II engine, the GM 122 engine, the Saab H engine, and.

Multi-Gas Detector | Ecotec E3000 by INFICON - YouTube

Tech Eco Angebote - Qualität ist kein Zufal

The 4 Most Common GM 2

1. 1.7 CDTI Ecotec Engine Problems & Reliability Opel's 1.7 CDTI Ecotec engine was installed in a large number of volumes. And today's high production rates allow fairly informed decisions about the durability of structures
  2. Chevy/GM 2.0L Ecotec LTG Problems and Reliability. First of all, the GM 2.0 Ecotec is a good engine. It has a performance of NA 3.0/4.0-liter V6s and V8s with a great fuel efficiency of a small four-cylinder engine. By the way, it is the first I-4 motor in a Camaro since the gen3 model
  3. The issue recently cracked the top 20 defect trends on CarComplaints.com and is largely responsible for why the 2nd generation Equinox (2010-2017) ranks 75th in reliability out of 83 Chevy generations. More information on carcomplaints.com Want to Learn More? Chevy's 2.4L Ecotec Engine Uses an Excessive Amount of Oi
  4. All of the 4 cylinder models 2002-2007 were the GM 2.2 Ecotec... very problematic CVT trans 2002-2005, GM 4 speed automatic in later models or 5 speed Getrag manual transmission with FWD only. 2008 V6 were GM motors...3.6 L with 6 speed automatic. Don't speak to me about Toyota reliability either. I owned the Rav4 for a year and was nearly.
  5. GM 2.5 Liter I4 Ecotec LCV Engine. The 2.5-liter inline four-cylinder LCV engine is produced by General Motors for use in a select few GM vehicles — specifically, the 2013 model year Chevrolet.
  6. g up the engine and gentle operation, the F16D3 engine, as well as the F16D4 and F18D4, travels from 200,000 to 250,000 km without problems. However, this engine are not free from disadvantages
  7. Kostenlose Lieferung möglic

The issue recently cracked the top 20 defect trends on CarComplaints.com and is largely responsible for why the 2nd generation Equinox (2010-2017) ranks 75th in reliability out of 83 Chevy generations. More information on carcomplaints.com Want to Learn More? Chevy's 2.4L Ecotec Engine Uses an Excessive Amount of Oi General Motors' EcoTec3 family of engines is a familiar sight under the hoods of many GMC and Chevrolet pickup trucks and SUVs. It is available in three versions: 4.3 V6, 5.3 V8 and a 6.2 V8. General Motors debuted this new engine design on the 2014 model year trucks and although the 6.2 V8 versions look comparable to the GEN 5 V8 LT of the Corvette and Camaro, they are uniquely individual. I'm not sure the ecotec has been used long enough to know its longevity. It's only been what, 9 years? The machine shop I used to go to is not familiar with this engine, which is a good thing as to its reliability. The ecotecs being sold now in the Cruze are often turbocharged, so we'll see how they hold up with turbos

The Ecotec 2.2-liter has a stroke of 94.6 millimeters and a bore of 86 millimeters. Overall, in the new applications, the Ecotec 2.2-liter is only 665 millimeters long, 642 millimeters wide and. The ecotec is a very solid engine. If it can have 1000+hp on the stock block, I'd say it'll hold it's own. Having owned a 3.4, and knowing that the 3.5 is very similar, I'd opt for the ecotec. The 3.4/3.5's aren't bad engines per se, but the 3.4's are notorious for having LIM gaskets leak, and it's almost guaranteed that the 3.5 will have.

The 3 Most Common Chevy 2

1. Drives:'14 GMC Sierra All-Terrain 6.2L. Share. Posted August 21, 2016. I dont really know the differences between 6.2 and 5.3, but the 6.2 has oil squiters, forged rods and even a forged crank. The important parts seem like they are very well designed, and building small block v8's isn't exactly new territory for GM
  2. Consumer Reports rates vehicles every year based on reliability.This is a comprehensive listing of how each model compares in 17 potential problem areas. Reliability scores take into consideration the engine, transmission, brakes, power equipment, and electrical system.For the past 10 years, the Chevy Silverado 1500 has been receiving a fairly average reliability score
  3. Subaru 2.5-L Turbo Four Cylinder. Subaru owners are a fiercely loyal bunch, but it's hard to stay devoted to a product that may self-destruct and require an engine replacement costing between.
  4. In this thread we find out GD doesn't realize there's a difference between a 4.3 Vortec and a 4.3 Ecotec. View Quote. GD happens to have a lot of knowledge. You maybe cooler than I on 4.3s, but can you cha-cha and not stink . Posted: 11/18/2017 1:11:24 PM EDT Quote History
  5. The Ecotec, by comparison, is a DOHC engine with 16 valves (8 intake, 8 exhaust), meaning that it has a camshaft that controls only the intake valves, and a completely different camshaft that controls the exhaust valves. Just like the 2.2, the cams are spun by a chain attached to the crankshaft. The Ecotec uses COP, or Coil On Plug ignition.

The 4 Most Common Chevy EcoTec3 6

Chevy's 2.4L Ecotec Engine Uses an Excessive Amount of Oil. Design defects in GM's 2.4L Ecotec engine allow excess oil to sneak into the combustion chamber. The oil is burned off, meaning owners need to top off their oil between changes or risk permanent engine damage. A special coverage adjustment has been offered for 2011-2012 Equinox owners For 200k miles in 5 years, or 40k miles a year, an Eco manual transmission with the 1.4 turbo engine will more than repay the higher purchase price with gas savings. Change the oil at 20% on the oil life monitor with full synthetic 5w30, and the 1.4 turbo engine has every indication that it'll go very far The Ecotec name was adopted in 2000 for the new generation of Family II engines. The Ecotec Family II is a DOHC 4-valve design with an aluminum block and head (L850 for 86 mm bore applications, and L880 for 88 mm bore), designed for displacements from 1.8 to 2.4 L GM / Chevy 2H0. The Opel 2H0 is a 1.8 l (1,796 cc, 109.6 cu-in) straight-four four-stroke natural aspirated gasoline engine from the third generation of GM Family 1. This is the same engine as Opel A18XER. The 2H0 engine uses a cast grey iron block with five-bearings crankshaft and aluminum head with dual overhead camshafts (DOHC) and four.

GM's new 2.5-liter Ecotec four will be efficient and easy on the ear. More details are emerging about General Motor's all-new 2.5-liter Ecotec four-cylinder engine, and the latest heads-up. Reliability Value. Report Abuse. Mileage, Mileage, Mileage. Carl S, 10/09/2016. Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A) 39 of 45 people found this review helpful. I'm a pickup guy. But my 04.

The EcoTec 1.6-liter turbo diesel in the current Chevy Cruze will now find a home in the 2018 Chevy Equinox. The 137-horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque engine provides plenty of power at all. Re: Reliability: 2004 2.2L ecotec Cav auto. Monday, August 25, 2008 5:53 PM. Mike85220. My automatic 2.2 Ecotec that is in the 2003 Sunfire (same as this 04 Cav) gets usually 27.5-29mpg when it has a 2/3 inner city 1/3 freeway mix of driving One of the latest versions of GM's 1.3-liter Ecotec made its debut in the Korean-specification 2019 Chevrolet Malibu, producing 156 horsepower and 174 pound-feet of torque. That's about on par. General Motors introduced its powerful Ecotec 2.0L direct ­injection turbo engine in the 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line at the New York International Auto Show. The engine was hailed by many that year for its capability to produce 260 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, making it one of GM's highest specific output engines ever, at 2.1 hp per cubic inch of displacement Discussion Starter · #1 · Aug 3, 2014. Anyone other than me worried about the reliability of the GM 2.4 engine? Im not trying to be negitive,just been doing some research on the 2.4 DI engine. I really want a Slingshot, but from what I have read about the motor, Im a little concerned . Seems the DI has a habit of leaking gas into the.

How reliable is the GM Ecotec 1

The new 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 will deliver 355 horsepower and 383 ft-lb's of torque. This is and increase of 40 horsepower and 48 lb-ft of torque. Especially the increase in torque will be much appreciated by buyers of new 2014 Silverado's and Sierra's. As this is the number that matters when it comes to hauling heavy loads and towing trailers All engine-related sensors for the Ecotec 2.4-liter are digital rather than analog. Digital sensors are more accurate and provide improved reliability, said Subhedar of this emerging trend in engine-monitoring technology. The digital sensors improve information processing and reliability, which in turn means more-efficient engine performance I have a 2012 Malibu with the 2.4L EcoTec Flex Fuel engine. I've got 115,000 on it and show an average of 26.5mpg. Usually goes up to 28-30 in the spring and fall when I don't have the AC on and running summer fuel. Had not heard about any of the issues you're describing so I'm going to read up on the Malibu forums. 2002 Astro AWD 4.3L V6 with.

Early turbos were more prone to failure, some with as few as 50,000miles. I checked on the 1.4T turbo price a few years back, it was around $400. Don't know if its still currently true but at that time a 1.4T complete create engine was thousands less than the 1.8L cruze engine. There is quite a few people with more than 50,000miles already, at. Get reliability information for the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge

Get reliability information for the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge Test drive a CX5 or Rav4 compared to the other turbo offerings and it will be immediately noticeable that the turbo engines pull harder off the line. As for the 1.5 vs 2.0 vs 1.6. First off the cruze has a 1.4T shared with the Encore and Trax. It's not the same engine at all as the 1.5 in the equinox and terrain

Is the 1.4 ecotec turbo a reliable engine? Bob Is The ..

1. A few years ago, I would have totally agreed with you. Now of course a v6 will command more because it cost more in the beginning. But that is a function of original MSRP more than high demand for a V6. When a 4 cylinder is as smooth as a v6 and is not woefully underpowered, the game changes IMO
  2. The Ecotec 1.6-liter turbo-diesel inline-four already at Chevy dealers in 2017 Cruze sedans and arriving shortly for Cruze hatchbacks and the 2018 Equinox and 2018 GMC Terrain was born and bred in.
  3. Bought a valiant ecotec plus 831 just under two years ago this boiler has had an intermitent problem since new faulty water pressure switch once every two days the boiler will switch of with the message f22 low water when you speak to valiant they say boiler needs topped up useless just switch the power supply of then back on hey presto it.
  4. There have been 1 safety recalls issued from NHTSA. Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2015 Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac XTS, Chevrolet Camaro, Equinox, Malibu, and GMC Terrain vehicles. The affected vehicles have front seat-mounted side impact air bags whose inflator may rupture upon its deployment
  5. utes with me to discuss the 2.4 Ecotec. For those who don't know, GMs Ecote..

The 5 Most Common Chevy EcoTec3 5

I personally have owned a few 2.2 ecotec's in cobalts and a 03 Cavaliers and 05 LS sport Cavalier and a couple Malibu with the 2.4 there isn't much difference in them unless they are different year models but with that said u can exchange 1from the other as long as if it car is a 2.2 and u put a 2.4 in it car use it vehicles original fuel. The Ecotec 2.4L's pistons use lightweight aluminum pistons, for less reciprocating mass inside the engine that enhances efficiency, decreases vibration and bolsters the feeling of performance as rpm increases. the ETC system can deliver outstanding throttle response and greater reliability than a mechanical connection, which typically uses.

How Reliable is the 5

Newly Recommended Models With Improved Reliability Audi A3, Chrysler Pacifica, Ford F-150, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Ram 1500, Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, Volkswagen Passat. So even though I'd probably have to put up with potentially more long term mechanical trouble with a RAM as compared to a Tundra or Tacoma, those years and miles would be near. Discussion Starter · #1 · Nov 16, 2019 (Edited) I completely disagree with Consumer Reports that the Colorado/Canyon 2.5L I4 should also earn a 4 out of 100 reliability score rating. Most of the bad reliability issues occur only with 3.6L V6 and 8-speed auto, since it's the best-seller. There was a time over 5 years ago when Consumer Reports. At the Ecotec Group we believe our solutions are only as good as the insights they can drive. Key to any insight is availability and reliability of data of data that you can depend on. Ecotec's use of software began in 1994 for collective field measured methane data, mainly across landfills, from portable analyzers Remedy: GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the suspect bolts, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 6, 2021. Owners may contact GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8785, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, or Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is N202322230

Home ECOTEC Emission monitoring for the 21st century

$3.05 - In terms of maximum towing, the 6.2L's ability to trailer 900 more pounds costs just $3.05 per additional pound. Trucks with that Max Trailering Package can also carry more weight in the bed, but the 6.2L can't accept as much weight as the 5.3L. You've paid an extra $2745, but now the payload drops by 120 pounds because the truck itself has gained 118 pounds [Archive] Ecotec 2.4 VVT Reliability Ion Tech. The VVT system used in the new 2.4 is a proven technology, and has been used in the Cadillac Northstar (LH2) since the 2004 model year This 10 page article covers the evolution of GM'S Ecotec 4 cylinder engine. The lost-foam-engine construction including additional improvements like sand cast and rotacast t-356 aluminum cylinder heads for additional reliability. Many changes were also made in the cylinder block such as, cast iron main journal caps;.

SilveradoSierra.com • EcoTec3 L83 Engines Really That Bad ..

Ecotec LLC is an industry leading energy solutions company headquartered in Chandler, AZ with operations throughout the United States. We specialize in the design and implementation of commercial. 92% of drivers recommend this car. Rating breakdown (out of 5): Comfort 4.6. Interior design 4.6. Performance 4.5. Value for the money 4.5. Exterior styling 4.7. Reliability 4.6. Explore the 2015. Pre-Ecotec. This was the first engine in this family, featuring a Lotus-developed 16-valve cylinder head and a cast-iron cylinder block which was essentially the same as in Opel's 8-valve engines. Reliability improvements include a wider camshaft drive belt, and a water pump no longer driven by it

Top 10 Combi Boilers for Value and ReliabilityVaillant Ecotec Pro 28 LPG Combi Boiler | Arleigh

2022 Chevrolet Spark Pricing. A 2022 Spark with the manual transmission and in entry-level LS trim costs $13,600, plus a destination charge. We'd recommend at least the next level up, the 1LT. The first of the new Ecotec family will launch this summer in the Opel Adam. This city car will feature the 1.0-liter three-cylinder version of the powerplant. After that GM is expected to release. Re: Ecotec engines. Any Good? ive had the 1.8 bertone convertible last 4 years trouble free never spent a penny on it and good on fuel too.not that fast but nice smooth quiet engine.only issues i seem to get with them at work is the ecu fails due to being fitted on the side of the cylinder head and getting hot and cold all the time